NCRAT Weekly Update, Friday, December 18, 2020
All of the NCRAT will be OFF from December 24th till January
- 4 new or updated Nutrient Management Spear
Program factsheets will be published in the coming days. NNY
agronomists had a hand in most of them.
- Drought conditions have improved in a few spots
but have spread slightly across NNY since last week. We need snow!
- We are co-hosting a Practical Soil Health Series of 4
virtual programs together with the CNY regional team and Oneida
County. Weekly programs will be promoted soon and area planned for
February into early March.
- We are finalizing the details and dates for the 2021
Crop Congress. Targeting first half of February. We’re hosting
in conjunction with the Miner Institute once again. We are planning
2-hr sessions on each of 2 consecutive days around the middle of the day.
- 2021 Hay and Pasture School will be organized after the
Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Lindsay is on maternity leave now through to the New Year -
please reach out to Casey for all dairy related topics
- *NEW EPISODES* for the Troubleshooting Herd
Health Podcast has been released! Click
hereto access the episodes
- Working on multiple research projects (calf diarrhea and cow
comfort) and DAP calf discussion group (farm visits for calf weights and
blood samples, forage variability feed project feed out sampling has
- Working with producers and local CCE staff
on the Workforce Protection Grant
- Details are finalized for our "Critical
Calf Care: Decision Making for Urgent Calf Health" program.
here to register
Farm Business Management:
NY Farm Bureau (I confirmed this with the President) is offering ALL OF
ITS COVID-19 related information to ALL FARMERS on their website. They
want everyone to be aware and involved. Feel free to direct farmers
there - they can all access it here is the link:
The USDA Farm Service Agency shared
the following reminders, loan rates and deadlines this week: